Let's Learn Japanese!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best place on the net to learn and practice Japanese!

Keywords

Latest topics

» おもしろそうな漢字学習APPを見つけました!
Moderator applications EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 8:29 pm by carrie

» Electronic Dictionaries
Moderator applications EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:24 am by アカネコ

» Can you cook?
Moderator applications EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:29 am by Furiida

» Have you ever been to Japan?
Moderator applications EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:32 am by cinnadin

» Japanese etiquette
Moderator applications EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 am by Furiida

» Shiritori ^_^
Moderator applications EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 am by RexAiris

» Share Japanese Music , ongaku
Moderator applications EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:00 pm by cinnadin

» First place in your mind
Moderator applications EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:36 am by RexAiris

» Mayroon bang mga pinoy dyan. Pakilala naman kayo.
Moderator applications EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 am by アカネコ

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

4 posters

Moderator applications

Lee
    Lee
    Forum Manager
    Forum Manager

Moderator applications Empty Moderator applications

Post by Lee Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:27 am

P
    Pl
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to drop a note to let you know that we here at Let's learn Japanese are -Officially Open- for new moderators!
    The current let's Learn japanese team are looking for people with HUGE power levels, a friendly demeanor, and a knack for diffusing tense situations in a professional manor.

Responsibilities: 
    - Delete or Edit Inappropriate posts
    - Lock and Move forum topics
    - Mediate arguments among users
    - Help cultivate a healthy and inviting forum
    - Warn users for repeatedly breaking the rules
    - Oversee the Main Forum topics 

Application Directions: Answer the following questions truthfully and only post serious applications in this thread.

Deadline: until the limit of 10 applications has been filled

Questions:

1) What skills do you possess that would make you a good candidate for this position?

2) What would your moderation style be?

3) How often do you frequent the official page and do you post often?

4) How old are you

5) What do you feel is an appropriate amount of time to spend moderating?

6) Aside from Anime, what other hobbies do you have?

7) What timezone do you live in?

Cool  If you have any other comments that you feel are necessary and weren't covered in the other questions, you may write them here:

Thanks for reading! Good luck everyone~
    Gzz96
    Gzz96
    Forum Manager
    Forum Manager

Moderator applications Empty Moderator position enquiry

Post by Gzz96 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello :)I'm Greg and I would very much like to apply for a moderator position.

Answers to your questions;

1) I am currently a College student (not the same as Uni in England Wink). The course that I am studying requires that I have a good command of the English language so that I can write essays. I believe that I am good at interacting with people face-to-face and on the internet, even for so when something I am interested in is being discussed.

2) My moderation style? I'm not entirely sure of what you mean by this but I will give you my interpretation of it. When moderating I would scan posts for any vulgar or offensive content and make sure that it is dealt with accordingly. I would also love to talk with other people about all things Japanese whether that be anime, the country itself or even the language. I think this would also be a great opportunity for me to further my Japanese study if other people who happen upon this site are willing to post their own learning methods.

3) I don't frequent this page an awful lot at the minute ;)but I always browse the internet at least once a day. *If this website is not what is meant by "official page" then further clarity would be appreciated*.

4) I am currently 17 years of age.

5) I feel that 1-2 hours is an appropriate time to spend moderating on days when I am busiest but this is a lot more flexible at weekends.

6) My hobbies/interests are; Anime Wink, video games and learning Japanese.

7) I live in the English (London) timezone.

Additional questions;

Occupation: I am currently a college student and (fingers crossed) a university student in late 2014.

Thanks for taking the time for reading this and good look with the site. Smile
    RexAiris
    RexAiris
    Malay Moderator
    Malay Moderator

Moderator applications Empty mod appplication

Post by RexAiris Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Hai. I'd like to apply for the mod position.

- Idk what my skills are but I don't mind polishing it (if any) or learn them from the experience here.

- Chill and relax. Everyone wants to learn about Japanese, not how to be a keyboard warrior.

- I hardly go to the official page since it appears on my news feed on facebook. I rarely post unless I have something to ask.

- Currently 22 yrs old

- Average 1-2 hours. But it varies if there's any too heated discussion.

- My hobby is I just do what I feel like doing

- GMT +8

Note : I'm gonna be furthering my studies in either July/Sept. So, might be a bit hard to get online until I know the way around there. Thanks
    Skynetfred

Moderator applications Empty Re: Moderator applications

Post by Skynetfred Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello.

I would like to apply to become a moderator at this website.

1. I am very well spoken, and can effecting communicate with other people on a web-based platform. I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Networking and a Masters Degree in Business.

2. I would review the posts to see if there is any content that it against the rules. I would deal with offenders depending on the specific circumstances. I would have no problem banning someone for violating the rules in the forum.

3. Currently I am not on this page at all during the day. But this can definitely change if I a, selected to be a moderator. I am connected via 2 smartphones, a tablet with 4G Verizon service, and another tablet, so I am always available to check the board.

4. I am 30 years old.

5. Periodically checking in throughout the day... Then during busy times, dedicating 1-2 hours to monitor what is going on.

6. Video games, studying Japanese, work, travel,

7. I am currently on the Eastern Timezone in the US. A right now, I am -4 hours.

Sponsored content

Moderator applications Empty Re: Moderator applications

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am